Monday, July 14, 2008

If you plant them, they will come

Mainly a hops update here. Real quick though, I transferred my EMAA last week and it was something else! So I checked the gravity and she finished down to 1.008, the SG was 1.055. So this little lady is going to to be 6.2%. I really like the job the dry yeast did here, I've not been doing starters with my liquid yeast lately. So I was pretty happy to see this one finish well. Although, I wasn't expecting it to finish this low. Well, I'm still going to drink it and I'm actully looking forward to a dryer beer, something a little crisp and tasty.

Hops are doing really well!






















































I think there are going to be some flowers.

















2 comments:

richt said...

Congratulations on your hops, looking good! I've been super happy with the US05 yeast. I've used it for the last 3 or 4 batches and have had nothing but good results.

Bri said...

I am gealous of the size of your hop plant. I hope to see photos of you standing on the roof harvesting. Make sure to wear a 5 point harness.