Saturday, April 12, 2008

If hops had a vagina, I would have sex with it

And I would call it the next day to go on a date in the park and learn her first name.

So here is the Three Hearted Ale transferred to secondary fermentation. I took a FG with my trusty refractometer and she read 9.5 brix. That translates to 1.021 FG, which translates to 5.79% alc by volume. I gave her a taste and she tasted good, nice and hoppy. I can't wait to get drunk on this beer. I added another ounce of centennial hops per 5 gallons. Which will further add more hop aroma to the final product!

Here are some pictures.













Mmmmmmmm, Hops

5 comments:

Lighter Licker said...

When is this shit going to be done? I want some!!

Bri said...

You need to tea-bag those hops! I would suggest using marbles to sink them to the bottom.

Matt Andrews said...

Too late for the tea bag, I didn't think of that. Next time.

It will be ready May 3rd, national homebrew day. I want some of this shit too!!

Unknown said...

I am dry hopping my 10 gallons of Stone IPA this weekend... I will keg it in two weeks. I got the kegerator 100% done and hooked up last night, and we immediately put back a few pints of Samuel Smith (clone) Oatmeal Stout to celebrate!

Party like it's Wednesday.

richt said...

Damn, that looks good! I never bother with bagging hops. Let em be free! I try to siphon carefully but if I get some chunky hop goodness in my beer I don't mind, and I don't share with people who don't understand anyway. That is going to be one tasty brew!