Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cleanliness is next to the beer that you are going to drink and so I don't want an infection

Well it's been roughly 6 weeks since the beer has been brewed and now it's time to keg!!!! I checked the gravity of the beers and it didn't look like it dropped anymore. I had these in the basement, so it wasn't really warm enough to ferment. I choose to mix the beers to have close to the same beer and not 2 different beers. I set the pressure to 30 psi and I let that sit for a day and then down to 20 psi, I want to drink this beer now!! This will be more pictures than anything.

*Hops update pictures will come soon. One cascade has 5 bines out of the ground and the centennial is doing pretty good in the pot.

First, the cleaning of the kegs and keggerator, PWB was used here. Brewing is 90% cleaning and 10% brewing. But what a great outcome!!












Oops, I almost forgot a beer! I recommend this beer, it was really tasty!












Then sanitize the equipment (BTF Baby) and pile everything for gravity assisted transfer.












Those hops are soaked!












Gravity, it never tasted so good.












This was good! I can't wait for it to be colder and full of more carbon dioxide.












Fill er up!












More waiting...












The bloody aftermath












Nothing in primary, nothing in secondary. That will change this weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, awesome on the brewing!!! I am drunk on my company's tab right now. Right now I have 10 gallons of "Larry's Wicked Ale" (a Pete's Wicked Ale Clone) ready for my Memorial Day party with my neighbors. Besides that, I have 20 other gallons of beer fermenting. Peanut Butter Stout for the win!!!

richt said...

Looking good. Update when you taste? Central Waters makes some good beers, they're from my old neck of the woods. Their MudPuppy Porter is always good. I might be stopping back in here for questions when I get started kegging.